I have been hankering for salmon these days and have eaten it at least 5 times this past month. Today I bought some delicious wild sockeye salmon and decided to try out the mesquite powder that I bought on vacation in Sarasota, FL, at a little spice/tea shop called The Spice & Tea Exchange (http://www.spiceandtea.com/smoke-powders-mesquite-p-115.html)
Mesquite Grilled Salmon (The Cheater Mesquite)
Serves 2
2- 6 ounce fillets (skin on) wild sockeye salmon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon mesquite powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce
pepper to taste
Marinate salmon fillets at least 30 minutes, then grill over medium heat.
Arugula Pesto Sauce
I had some arugula pesto that I made last summer stored in the freezer, so I mixed a couple of tablespoons of this with about 1/2 cup of full fat Greek yogurt and added about 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice. Delish.
Green Beans with Roasted Garlic
I also had some roasted garlic cloves leftover in the fridge that I stored in olive oil. In a frying pan, I mashed 4 of these with some of the olive oil and sauteed about 1/2 pound fresh green beans until crisp-tender. Seasoned with a little salt, this was fantastic.
Roasted Root Veg
I cut up 2 small sweet potatoes and 4 small yukon gold potatoes into 1 cm cubes. Placed in a baking pan, drizzed with a little olive oil, sprinkled a little sea salt, roasted 450F for 15 min, stirred them around, then another 5 minutes or so until the edges had gone toasty.
Pictures to come....when I finally upload them from my camera
No comments:
Post a Comment